Who are we?
The terms “we”, “us”, “our”, “www.neuebeauteco.com“, and “Neue Beaute Co” refer to Neue Beaute Co Pty Ltd (ABN 22 617 104 855). We are an online beauty boutique, duly established under Australian law and registered in New South Wales, Australia.
How we collect and use Personal Information
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, PayPal details, AfterPay, ZipPay, Google Pay and Apple Pay details), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Personal Information that we collect about you from others
Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular:
- Financial and/or transaction details from payment providers located in the US, UK and Australia in order to process a transaction;
- Third party service providers (like Google, Facebook) who are located in the US or UK, which may provide information about you when you link, connect or login to your account with the third party provider and they send us information such as your registration and profile from that service.
- Other third party/sources and/or partners from Australia, US or UK, whereby we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data or fraud detection information, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, fraud detection warnings from service providers like identity verification service. We also receive information about you and your activities on and off the Neue Beaute Co Site through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks. We also receive information about you as a rights holder from our third party authors.
- Occasionally, we may request information from customers via a contest or a survey. Participation is completely voluntary and so is the disclosure of the requested information which may include but not be limited to contact information, demographic information (postcode), preferences, and other personal aspects. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and to award prizes. Information collected via anonymous surveys will be used to assess, for example, customer satisfaction, use of our Site, likes/dislikes and other personal preferences.
How do we use your Personal Information
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Communicate for Marketing purposes (for example via our newsletter);
- Support you (for example, answering questions);
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Operating the site;
- Improving our products and services;
- Providing general administrative and performance functions and activities;
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
You can opt-out of remarketing by visiting the links below:
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/
Sharing your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use BigCommerce to power our online store – you can read more about how BigCommerce uses your Personal Information here: https://www.bigcommerce.com.au/privacy/. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Furthermore, we may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
It is your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication or, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have rights to:
- know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date;
- request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it;
- object to our continued processing of your personal data;
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Please note that you can also access your information logging into your account and making changes in the relevant sections.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, please note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
If our Site/Store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
By using this Site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this Site.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions or, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by any of the following means during business hours Monday to Friday.
Last updated February 2020